By the time the holidays roll around, most people are already looking forward to the new year. As 2019 comes to a close, you likely find yourself making plans, setting goals and expectations for next year. The holidays provide an intermission period, a reset, for a fresh start.
Relaxation and joy are of top priority now, but it can also be meaningful to reflect on the past year before leaping forward. Reflection inspires gratitude for the past and present while directing intentions for the future. While you ease into the holiday mindset, consider the following prompts.
- What were your personal high and low points of 2019?
- What were your most significant milestones or successes?
- How did you stand up to meet the challenges of the past year with strength and resiliency?
- Where did your personal growth happen this year?
- Who and what in your life are you most grateful for?
- How did you give to others and contribute to society this past year?
Lotus Counseling Center thanks our valued clients and invites new clients to begin their next journey with one of our esteemed therapists. We wish all a new year full of light, love, and laughter in abundance. Happy Holidays!