Some people knew exactly who they were and what they wanted to do with their lives from the jump, I see these people as special and exceptional even, but for most of us, we sometimes need to pivot. As humans, we do not like to pivot. For some pivoting means failure, we tell ourselves we have invested too much time, emotions, or effort so now we feel stuck. We see so much of that in our personal and professional lives.
With my Ph.D. in Developmental Psychology, I will help define and push the boundaries of understanding the whole life story, taking into account physical, cognitive, social, and emotional systems. With a client-centered therapy approach, we will learn how to pivot into a more meaningful life. My educational journey was not just an institutional process, but a therapeutic experience across a variety of settings including outpatient specialty clinics, crisis intervention, structured outpatient programs, large nonprofits, and private practice.
My field of expertise:
- Depression and Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Behavioral and Discipline Challenges
- Self-Harm Behavior
- Complicated Grief Reactions
- Anger and Stress Management
- Trauma and Abuse
- Family and Relationship Issues
- Children/Adults with Special Needs
- Suicide Assessment and Risk Reduction
- Couple’s Conflict
- Self-image and Self-Esteem Issues