Inhale deeply. Pause. Exhale. Repeat. Have Faith.
We are happy to offer our clients Teletherapy counseling for your convenience. Receive help right where you are with a licensed and professional counselor. We are professionally trained, hold degrees, and are licensed to help you. Sometimes, it is not always practical or possible to meet a therapist in person for face-to-face counseling. We are able to meet your need for remote assistance using phone, Face Time or Skype. E-counselors are just as committed to you and working with you as they would be if you saw them in person.
There is no playbook for what we are experiencing right now. It is a time of great stress, concern and anxiety for all of us. It’s completely expected and appropriate to be feeling overwhelming anxiety, frustration, distress and even fear. What's important is to choose how you respond in this situation. In this time of confusion, remember that we are all in this together. There is hope. And there is help.
To support those who are in need, we have decided to keep our offices open to our community. In addition, we are offering HIPPA compliant online or Teletherapy services from the comfort of your own home. If you need to book a first-time appointment, please call our office to help you coordinate a complimentary 15-minute phone call with one of our psychologists or licensed psychotherapists. If you are already a client of ours, please continue to prioritize your self-care during these times and contact your therapist if you have any questions or concerns.
Below are some resources and information that may be helpful to you during this time. We hope to keep posting helpful tips that you can use to calm or center yourself and take care of your families and loved ones.
We pray that all of the people who are not feeling well, will get well again. And we pray that all of us stay safe and stay well.
Together we will thrive! 🙏💚
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800) 273-8255
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA): (800) 622-4357
- National Youth Crisis Hotline: (800) 442- 4673
- Department of Children and Families: (305) 377-5773
- Elder HelpLine: (305) 670-4357
- Mental Health Services Parent Assistance Line: (305) 995-7100
Children and Families:
- Comcast is offering free Wi-Fi, postponing service cutoff for coronavirus crisis. A map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots is available at www.xfinity.com/wifi.
- All public schools in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach County are providing breakfast and lunch to students in need. During school closures, students and families may pick up hot meals to go, both breakfast and lunch, between 9:00 AM and 12:30 PM.
- COVID-19 Response Fund by Feeding South Florida: Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Monroe County and provides “direct-service programs” including benefits application assistance, access to its food pantry and home delivery for qualified individuals.
Tools and Tips to Survive COVID-19 by the Lotus Counseling Center team:
- Breathing Exercises to Reduce Anxiety by President, Founder and Director of Alessana Fordin, LMHC
- Blog: Managing Anxiety Related to Coronavirus by Dr. Victoria Raymond, PhD, LMFT
- Blog: Relationship Survival Tips by Dr. Victoria Raymond, PhD, LMFT
- Blog: Managing Financial Stress During COVID-19 by Dr. Richard Taborga, PsyD, LMHC